Support Live Chat
When students receive an assignment to write an essay on a healthcare issue, they usually do not bother with a topic choice and go for the first topics that come to their minds: the causes and symptoms of Type II diabetes / breast cancer / cardiovascular disease, etc. We do not mean to say that these topics are not important or not interesting; however, choosing the same topics most students in your class do will not help you get a high grade. Frankly speaking, the sphere of medicine and healthcare can give you dozens of intriguing issues to write about. You can choose from health care debate topics, health care policy topics, ethics topics in health care and so on. Check out the following research topics in health care and choose your ideal topic.
32 Health Care Research Topics for Argumentative Essay
Imagine you have already chosen a topic from the list of health care research topics for argumentative essay and you realize that you are stuck and have no idea where to start, what is your next move? Quite often, college essay topics turn out to be more challenging than students expected, so it might be reasonable to ask for help.
In their quest for the medical professions of their dreams, students pursue degrees in prestigious universities across the world. The most popular among them include Harvard, Oxford, and Cambridge universities, which have strong health programs for students. Other popular institutions include Stanford, John Hopkins University, UCL, and many others. If you would like to apply to one of them, just make your choice and submit the application. A few years of hard work and you will be a Doctor of Science. Of course, a student has to go a long way before obtaining a PhD, and even though the efforts one has to put depend on current qualifications and knowledge of a student, the process is challenging.
Sooner or later, you will be faced with the necessity to select a topic for your dissertation. It will have to be more sophisticated than research topics in psychology for college students. You will have to conduct a comprehensive research and propose your own solution to the existing issue. Therefore, the topic will have to be well thought out because it will determine the quality of your paper.
If you are not working on your dissertation yet, consider the following debate topics for college students. Once you hone your writing skills by creating strong papers on research papers topics for college, think yourself prepared for the writing challenges to come as you pursue your PhD.
To begin with, consider the research fields, in which you can choose your topic:
- Diseases, their causes and symptoms, risk factors, treatment, diagnosis, prevention, complications
- Leadership and management in healthcare facilities
- Healthcare education and training of medical staff
- Medical ethics topics
- Medical research topics and related professions
- Legal issues in healthcare
- Innovations, discoveries, and progress
- The impact of technology on healthcare processes
- Mental /physical disability
- Upbringing healthy children
Now, let us have a look at more detailed topics. If you are planning to obtain PhD, you can adapt the topics for your future independent research. Besides, the list is perfect for other paper types, such as lab reports, research papers, coursework, various essays, proposals, and so on. You can modify the topics or use them as they are.
- List the ways in which American government can invest in the improvement of the healthcare services in the country.
- List the ways in which governments can support independent research and discoveries.
- Describe the inequalities you think exist in American healthcare system
- Why do you think the majority of nurses are females (both locally and in a global scale)?
- Choose one of the most controversial health issues and propose a solution.
- Describe the data storage system you think is the most convenient.
- Analyze the pros and cons of electronic health record system.
- Analyze the shift from inpatient to ambulatory care.
- What is the quality of healthcare services in asylums? What are the possible consequences of poor healthcare services there?
- How do asylums treat people with mental issues?
- What are the most serious issues associated with healthcare in prisons?
- What are your thoughts on euthanasia?
Healthcare Management Topics
Management in healthcare facilities has its challenges. A carefully selected topic in this area will help you create a persuasive paper on leadership.
- Define and describe four basic functions of healthcare management.
- What are the characteristics of a privately owned community hospital?
- How can a registered nurse become a physician and which obstacles are there?
- The leadership roles of a surgeon during surgery.
- Discuss the legal responsibilities of administration in hospitals.
- How human resources management can help improve the quality of healthcare?
- The differences in management of public and private healthcare hospitals.
- How can leaders improve the relationships among staff members in a hospital?
- The role of healthcare environment on the working processes.
- Name 5 management principles crucial to effective coordination of healthcare processes.
- Discuss the correlation between patient outcomes and hospital revenue.
- How to manage financial reporting in healthcare facilities?
- What are the duties of a nurse?
- Discuss the correlation between regular staff training and patient satisfaction.
Other Healthcare Topics
- Which resources are necessary for an effective treatment and prevention of AIDS?
- The correlation between country economy and the health of a nation.
- What other organs except lungs suffer from smoking?
- The ethical implications of male and female circumcision.
- Can financial compensations for doctors be too high?
- What everyday practices can help people stay healthy?
You have reviewed 32 impressive healthcare topics! Before making the final choice, ask yourself the following questions: Is the topic interesting? Is it controversial? Will I be able to find enough information on it? Will my research contribute to the improvement of the issue?
If your answer is ‘yes’ to most of these questions, then you have found the topic you need!