- Generation X – This is the population born 1964-77 that is said to be raised independently resulting from family dynamics such as higher divorce rates and single-parent households (Breda & Michael, 2001).
- Generation Y – This group includes individuals born from 1980 to 2000. This group is perceived to engage frequently in the use of technology and participating in less personal involvement (Logan, 2008).
- Baby Boomers – This is a generation that represents members of the group born 1940-63. The group is said to hold strong cultural values of respect and dignity at the workplace (Littrell & Halepete, 2005).
- Servant-Leadership – This is a form of leadership practiced within a workplace to give the employees and employers an opportunity to contribute to the decision-making process. Leaders in this category are known to listen to the subordinates and grant their wish (Lindquist, 2008).
- Cohort – This is a generation category in which different members within a particular environment are categorized; each category is distinct from the other in terms of behavior, values, and preferences among other attributes (Lindquist, 2008).
- Job Satisfaction – Level or degree to which individual business professionals of a given organization feel contented or comfortable with his or her job.
- Leadership Style – This is the approach and manner in which leaders of a given direction provide direction, implement plans, and motivate the people within that given environment.
Arguably, leadership styles could influence satisfaction and retention of business professionals within diverse industries in business. Most Generation Xers identify with unique style of indirect communications, and any style of leadership must, therefore, consider the same. On the same note, a servant leadership style is of the essence in the retention of Generation Xers as business professionals within a given organization. This is appropriate in giving the business professionals a chance and opportunity to participate in decision making, unlike the traditional submission by Baby Boomers to the hierarchical leadership.
This chapter has given an introduction to the research in general. It has provided a background of the problem justifying a reason for conducting a survey on Leadership styles and they effect they have on Generation X, Y, and the Baby Boomers. The section has also analyzed the statement of the problem detailing the concept leading to the need for the study. It also details the purpose and significance of the study that explains why the research is necessary and how it would be necessary when results are applied in the respective fields. Definitions are also provided in this chapter to derive a deeper and better meaning of the terms used in the paper. A conceptual/Theoretical Framework is also developed to help understand the basis of the study and hypotheses developed to guide the entire paper. The section also explains the nature of the study detailing how the study would be carried out.
- The Core Modern Problem and the Ideal Solution
- Compare and Contrast of the Song
- Comparison and Contrast between Three Stories
- Comparison and Contrast of Two Movies
- 10 Things I Hate About You
Big thanks to your writing team for coming through for me with my last order. I didn’t give them a lot of notice, but they were able to come up with a superb paper for me. This is the kind of service that I love. Sometimes, I get forgetful, and I forget when my paper due dates are. It is so comforting to know that I can be in a rush and contact Essays-Writer.net and that you will deliver a great paper for me, no matter what. The fact that you include an anti-plagiarism report is great, too. I appreciate knowing that my work is totally original. Essays-Writer.net rocks!
Your writers are masters at time management. I turned in an order for four very difficult papers, and they were all written perfectly, even with the short deadline notice. Thanks, Essays-Writer.net!
Your writing company delivers for me every time. I have never been disappointed.
I was happy with the two essays that your writers did for me. Even though the subject matter was quite dense, they managed to come up with high quality work. This has been my experience with Essays-Writer.net, over the long haul. Each and every time I have needed a high quality paper, you have come through with outstanding writing examples for me. I am pleased to recommend your writing service to my friends and colleagues.
The work I received from your writers was much better than expected, especially considering the affordability of your services! This is so impressive! I wasn’t aware, previously, that companies like Essays-Writer.net even existed, but then again, I’m pretty sure you are the only one that is this good. I have heard a lot of bad things about other writing companies, but never a negative word about Essays-Writer.net. You are reputed as being the best, and I, for one, am convinced that this is true.Thank you for the outstanding job you did on my essay and research papers.