Breaking Through Barriers to TQM
The article talks about the effectiveness of having the management commit both their time and resource in executing the Total Quality Management initiatives within an organization. The commitment expected from the top-level management is considered to be influential in determining the probability of an organization achieving positive results due to TQM processes. However, it is stated that the commitment of the management in implementing TQM is the fundamental rationale upon which most organizations fail in this initiative. Thus, the article expounds on the reasons that are associated with the top-level management in the course of executing TQM initiatives. These reasons are the lack of knowledge of TQM philosophy, mobility structure of the top-level management and failure of the senior-most management into avoiding taking risks and other radical changes through implementing of TQM programs. It should be noted that most of the failures through TQM initiatives are caused by lack of the senior-most management clamor the processes involved (Soltani, 2005).
Key Learning Points
There are numerous key learning points that I can associate with the article:
- The process of implementing effective TQM initiatives lies solely on the ability of the management to commit.
- Efficient application of TQM initiatives within an organization calls for the change in training approach, provision of enhanced levels of motivation to employees as well as altering the underlying culture of the organization.
- Quality Planning is considered to be one of the qualities needed for enhancing TQM initiatives.
- Some organizations use numerous quality management frameworks as a benchmark in order to compare their services, products as well as processes with respect to their toughest competitors in the market.
- There are two approaches to implementation of TQM initiatives which are context-free approach and context-dependent approaches used by organizations to meet immediate needs and demands.
- There are numerous Gurus of QM who travel across the globe giving advice to industries about the manner for which to institute TQM in the course of operations.
Relevant Statements to the Session
Total Quality Management is concerned with:
- Senior-most management commitment to the initiative;
- The process of quality measurement approach and immediate benchmarks deployed;
- The entire process of TQM management;
- Levels of product design;
- The need for employee training and development;
- The process involved with supplier quality management;
- The need for customer involvement and respective satisfaction.
According to the article, the most important factor to realize in the course of implementing TQM initiatives is the commitment put forth by the top-level management team of an organization. Thus, in consequence, this is considered to be one of the key obstructions in attaining the full-level TQM implementation. The failures of the senior-most management to adopt and implement TQM initiatives are associated with the lack of knowledge, intense mobility of management as well as incapability of the management to avoid taking risks involved with the implementation of TQM initiatives. Personally I affirm to this challenge, given that it becomes difficult for an organization to embrace TQM initiatives in case of reluctance on the side of the top-level management. In consequence, the management might be reluctant to institute the radical change needed for positive and enhanced performance.
Organizations in the UAE may embrace the facet of TQM initiative in their day-to-day operations in order to bring about positive change and enhanced performance in their production processes. The different gurus who provide TQM expertise services have proved that by implementing the program into an organization’s process the top-level management commitment is relevant and apparent. This is because the quality processes are conducted through a top to the floor approach.
First, I leant that TQM initiatives are important programs needed by organizations in order to catapult their respective levels of production. Second, I learnt that the senior-most management needs to commit in order to guarantee successful quality improvement. Third, I also learnt of the immediate challenges which are associated with senior-most management commitment that might impede attainment of the TQM goals. These challenges are lack of the knowledge by the management, frequent mobility of the management and avoiding of risks to implementing radical changes of TQM initiatives.
- Gender Roles
- The Atlantic
- Vodafone United Kingdom
- Tate and Lyle PLC
- Strategic Management Internal Analysis
Big thanks to your writing team for coming through for me with my last order. I didn’t give them a lot of notice, but they were able to come up with a superb paper for me. This is the kind of service that I love. Sometimes, I get forgetful, and I forget when my paper due dates are. It is so comforting to know that I can be in a rush and contact Essays-Writer.net and that you will deliver a great paper for me, no matter what. The fact that you include an anti-plagiarism report is great, too. I appreciate knowing that my work is totally original. Essays-Writer.net rocks!
Your writers are masters at time management. I turned in an order for four very difficult papers, and they were all written perfectly, even with the short deadline notice. Thanks, Essays-Writer.net!
Your writing company delivers for me every time. I have never been disappointed.
I was happy with the two essays that your writers did for me. Even though the subject matter was quite dense, they managed to come up with high quality work. This has been my experience with Essays-Writer.net, over the long haul. Each and every time I have needed a high quality paper, you have come through with outstanding writing examples for me. I am pleased to recommend your writing service to my friends and colleagues.
The work I received from your writers was much better than expected, especially considering the affordability of your services! This is so impressive! I wasn’t aware, previously, that companies like Essays-Writer.net even existed, but then again, I’m pretty sure you are the only one that is this good. I have heard a lot of bad things about other writing companies, but never a negative word about Essays-Writer.net. You are reputed as being the best, and I, for one, am convinced that this is true.Thank you for the outstanding job you did on my essay and research papers.